Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
PLEASE NOTE: Your login information for this site is NOT the same as your login information for goldencrown.org. Please create a new login name and password.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AWARDS
- Content must include significant themes, characters, situations, and/or other lesbian-oriented content—i.e., literary works about women who love women. Examples of significant lesbian-oriented content include:
- The main character identifies as a lesbian
- The main character is or ends up in a lesbian relationship
- The theme or plot deals with lesbian issues and/or lesbian life
- The book must be readily available (i.e., bookstores or online) for purchase in the United States.
Please note: For sale online is considered "readily available."
- If the book is pulled from publication at any point during the awards process - from the publication date up to and including the date of the awards presentation - the book will be reviewed and may be considered for ineligibility.
- The book must have a publishing date between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018, inclusive.
- The book copies submitted in the nomination process must be one of the following formats: hardcover, soft cover (paperback), or eBook (electronic book). For eBook submissions, all of the following formats must be submitted: .epub, .pdf, and .mobi/.prc. Only one copy of each eBook version is necessary.
- Self-published books are eligible.
- The book must be a First Edition and published in English.
- Reprints or releases of a book in another delivery format (i.e., hardcover, paperback, or eBook) of previously published books are not eligible.
- Subsequent editions (i.e., 2nd, 3rd, etc.) are not eligible, regardless of the addition or omission of material.
- Anyone, including the general public, is invited to nominate an eligible title(s).
- No book will be short listed in more than one "genre" category and no book shall be eligible for an award in more than one "genre" category; except as follows:
- Books nominated in a "genre" category can also be nominated for the Ann Bannon Popular Choice Award; and,
- Covers for books nominated in a "genre" category can also be nominated for the Tee Corinne Award; and,
- An author's debut novel may also be nominated for the Debut Novel Award. Please note: Debut novels must be entered in a “genre” category to be eligible for the debut award.
- Books nominated must meet these length requirements:
- Anthologies/collections – a minimum of three individual pieces totaling at least 40,000 words
- Novels – a minimum of 40,000 words
- Non-Fiction books – a minimum of 40,000 words
- Poetry – submissions must be at least 48 pages long, and at least 50 percent “new” poems
- The decision of the Golden Crown Literary Society's Awards Administrator(s) as to eligibility of any book shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into in relation to eligibility.